*** Winter 2020 Bookings open 0900hrs 13th Jun 2020 ***
The Australian Ski Club started in 1974 and is a private club for members and their guest with two properties, one in Guthega and a second in Jindabyne.
Find us here on Facebook. ASC Facebook page.
To contact the ASC Board or for any website related issues including access click here-
ASC Contacts page.
Our New ARGO - the Avenger 800.
- Configuration - similar to previous
- Fuel – Unleaded >87 Octane (No methanol) 72 Litre capacity
- Electronic Fuel Injection (= No Choke)
- 12 Volt DC battery; 435 cranking Amps; 25 Amp charging system
- Liquid cooled 30HP Kohler Engine and Admiral Transmission (radiator and oil)
- First Service - after 20 hours of operation (NB: in season-mid week)
- Tyre pressure (operating) 2.5 – 3.5 psi or 17 -24 kPa
- Tracks - rubber
- Max speed on land 40km/h – please drive conservatively.
- Steering via spring loaded ‘T’ Moto Cross style handlebar
- Brake lever (hydraulic) on Left Hand (LH) side of handlebar
- Accelerator RH side of handlebar
- High & Low range lever on RH side of dashboard
- Gear shift on floor (NO clutch synchronisation)
- Low/High/Neutral/Reverse in ‘H’ style configuration
- Ignition switch LH side of handlebar
- Battery Charge level (5 bars)
- Speedo - km/h or mph
- Temperature (5 bars)
- Odometer / Hours meter
- MODE button
- KM/Mile button
General Operating Instructions
- Place the gearshift in the neutral (N) position
- Apply the emergency/parking brake system.
- Turn the key to the “START” position
- Release key as soon as it starts (within 5 secs)
- Release twist grip control and allow engine to return to idle
- If engine fails to start refer to Troubleshooting chart (Section 8 - Operator Manual)
- Selecting Forward, Neutral, Reverse, High & Low
- ‘Dog’ clutch system is not synchronised therefore you cannot change gears in motion.
- Stop vehicle,
- Allow engine to return to idle,
- Then change gear.
The ‘Operators Manual’ will be loaded onto the Club’s website and all members acquiring Oversnow Licences should, at a minimum, read:
- Section 3 – Operating Instructions
- Section 4 – Driving Instructions
- Section 5 – Driving procedures during unusual conditions
NB: these references may change once actual Manuals are received.